Monday, June 22, 2009

Easy Pea-sy

So i'm moving to a new place on Friday, and with today being Monday (and me being a procrastinator) it's crunch time. Today I went all out and packed almost my entire kitchen!
Then I realized it was dinner time.
Luckily I hadn't touched the pots and pans yet, and I had some leftover rice from a few nights ago stashed in my fridge. I also found some canned pineapple in there. Heated up in a pan with some frozen green things (peas and edamame) I had dinner in less than 5 mins!
This was beyond easy to make- (I literally just threw whatever looked edible in a pan and heated it up) but it turned out so good. It may not be fancy, but it redeems it's self by being just so damn easy. It's one of those things that may not sound or look amazing, but tastes amazing. I just love when that happens.

rice with peas and edamame

Cleanin' out the Apartment Rice

(warning: these measurements could be all out of whack as I never pay attention to measurements. use your discretion.)
1/2 cup of left over rice (this wouldn't work with fresh rice)
1/3 cup of canned crushed pineapple, with juice (seperated)
1 tbsp crushed garlic (mine was from a jar...sshhh)
1/4 cup of frozen peas
1/4 cup of edamame
1 tbsp of green curry paste
1 tbsp of pesto
1-2 tsp lemon or lime juice
splash of soy sauce

and to taste:
hot chili sauce (or red pepper flakes)
ground black pepper


Heat up your pan with oil or a non stick spray (what I used). Add the rice and garlic and sautee a min or so. Next add the pineapple juice and stir. Add the peas and edamame after about a min. Keep stirring. Add the curry paste, pesto, lime, and soy sauce. Add the pineapple chunks. Keep stiring until all the pineapple juice is absorbed. Add some chili sauce or siracha to taste. (Which is really what makes this dish, in my humble opinion!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the name of your restaurant?